This is my blog. Though I am lost, but my legacy remains. And I love Mona.

This is my blog. Though I am lost, but my legacy remains. And I love Mona.
My name is Adif and I am handsome.

22 April 2011

the difference between a court jester and clown is....Part 2

this is from what i read online, please do not use it as some maybe untrue.. :P
So correct me if I am wrong...
Court jesters originally comes from the European countries while clowns originates from Egypt.

Court Jesters
Besides making the king laughing and keeping them off depression or something, at that time, court jesters are allowed freedom of speech like undermining the king's decisions, making sinister comments on his words and all sorts of thing you don't want to say to your king now feared to be slapped across the face.

-
Clowns
In some parts of the world ( before our time ok), clowns are also a court jester, can be a court jester who also allowed freedom of speech.

-
What do they have in common?
You guess it right.
There are lots of things they have in common, the particularly obvious is freedom of speech.

So, are we clowns and court jesters here in Malaysia?
You guess it right again.
Pandai lah!

No comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget