This is my blog. Though I am lost, but my legacy remains. And I love Mona.

This is my blog. Though I am lost, but my legacy remains. And I love Mona.
My name is Adif and I am handsome.

07 February 2013

Laila

So I brought Laila to the clinic the other day.
Let me fill you in on Laila. A long haired, black and white bi-color cat who's been living in our open space parking lot. I think roughly she came to our place about less than a year, I thought she was a pregnant cat with all the bulgy tummy. Having no experience with female cats, out of ignorance I really thought she was pregnant but after awhile, she still didn't give birth. Still out of my idiotic ignorance, I didn't search on how many months female cats pregnant and just a few days last week, she was unable to walk properly. Only then I suspected something was wrong with her. She was weak and when it rained, she just wait under the row of cars, being slow in movement, whenever kids disturbs her, she just lets them. Because she was living among the cars, I always almost every day give her kibbles and packets of wet food but when she was weak, she don't want to eat at all. So that was the time me and my husband thought that we should quickly take her to the vet.
So we went to the vet, Klinik Haiwan Kesayangan UPM, the doctor said there was abdominal hernia tear and her insides are probably mixing all together. Laila got her blood test done and the doctor said the blood turned out all right meaning she was not with serious illness.
So the doctor scheduled her surgery on 25.2.2013 which is about 3 weeks more or less. She said Laila gotta wait a little longer due to chinese new year holiday and there's too many surgery to be done. She said if Laila's condition worsen, I should take her to private clinic. That's the thing that bothering me. The surgery at the hospital will cost us ( the doctor estimates ) around RM800.00 and the idea of taking her to private clinic surely be more expansive. UUUgghhh... I've been saving for many months to get my gums and tooth fixed which will cost me around RM 800.00 too. 
I don't know how long or if Laila's gonna make it, she doesn't want to eat but I'm forcing her to. The medicine must be taken after meal but that's all right. I think she's into fried fish so I will give her just that. Poor Laila, she got no teeth at all. I don't know why, maybe because she's old? I don't know how old she is, got no idea at all.
So there you go. I  think I will just have to wait until 25 February and I hope she will be strong. I maybe don't have money but I definitely got loads and loads of love and no money in the world can buy love.
I love my husband and my cats. When Laila get well, she will stay with me. 
No more a street cat.

Here's a picture of a butterfly on a sunny day.
Just a happy picture I took while in holidaying in Penang.

sunny butterfly


No comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget